Guzzler’s Top Tips for Saving Energy
- Don’t leave TV or video on standby, turn it off at the power button.
- Fit a lagging jacket on the hot water cylinder in your hot press. It keeps the hot water hot for longer, just like when we put on our winter jackets to keep us warm.
- Recycling saves energy, so save up your bottles, cans and paper and put them in the recycling bin.
- When it’s dry outside, use the sun and wind to dry your clothes instead of a tumble dryer.
- When it’s bright, turn off the light and don’t leave the light on if there’s no one in the room.
- Have a shower instead of a bath, it uses a lot less hot water.
- If you’re cold, put on a jumper instead of turning up the heat.
- If it’s safe to do so, walk or cycle to school or take a bus.
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Top Tips
• Try to repair items which have broken
rather than throwing them away.
• Say “NO” to plastic bags, use reusable bags.
• Avoid over-packaged convenience foods.
• Buy products in bulk or in concentrated
• Choose products in reusable or recyclable
containers e.g. paper, glass, aluminium.
• Avoid using cling film and aluminium foil.
Use a box with a lid instead.