St. Fiachra’s Junior School Parents Council Committee:
Chairperson: Aislinn Farrell
Secretary: Victoria Farrell
Treasurer: Nicola Collins
Should you wish to contact the Parents Council you can email us at
St. Fiachra’s JNS Parents Committee is a member of the National Parents Council (NPC), whose aim is to ensure all parents are supported and empowered to become effective partners in their children’s education. Through our membership with the NPC, we are able to offer free online sessions on various topics throughout the year. Watch this space for upcoming events.
For information, advice and free education resources addressing internet safety issues and concerns visit: www.webwise.ie
Back to school social media
Be aware of the risks of posting images of your kids online – images can be used to gather personal information such as school, location, child’s name or other personal details. If you do decide to post on social medial here is how you can reduce the risk:
- Update privacy settings – check and see who can access your information on social media and consider changing your settings to private on your accounts.
- Read social media protection resources – to b understand the risks of posting your child online visit Childnet, the NSPCC, Internet Matters or the NCSC‘s guide to read their social media resources.
- You can minimis the risk of sharing location data by reviewing which apps and settings on your phone track and log location data (such as your camera and social). Turn off location sharing on any apps that do not vitally need these permissions. Try not include anything recognisable about your home in your photos and remove your door number.
Healthy Eating Advice
Thinking about what to put in that lunchbox day after day can be a challenge. See below for some greath healthy lunchbox ideas:
- Healthy Lunchbox Ideas
- How to Tackle Treats
- Nutrition for Primary School Children
- Healthy Eating for Families