Child Protection & Welfare
The Board of Management recognizes that child protection and welfare considerations permeate all aspects of school life and must be reflected in all of the school’s practices, policies and activities. Thus in accordance with the requirements of the Department of Education and Skills’ Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools, the Board of Management of St. Fiachra’s JUnior School has agreed the following child protection policy:
- The Board of Management has adopted and will implement fully and without modification The Department’s Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools as part of its overall child protection policy.
- The Designated Liaison Person (DLP) is Áine Carberry.
- The Deputy DLP is Pauline Keane.
- In it’s policies, practices and activities St. Fiachra’s Junior School will adhere to the following principles of best practice in child protection and welfare: -recognize that the protection and welfare of children is of paramount importance, regardless of all other considerations. -fully co-operate with the relevant statutory authorities in relation to child protection and welfare matters -adopt safe practices to minimize the possibility of harm or accidents happening to children and protect workers from the necessity to take unnecessary risks that may leave themselves open to accusations of abuse or neglect. -develop a practice of openness with parents and encourage parental involvement in the education of their children. -fully respect confidentiality requirements in dealing with child protection matters.
- The Board of Management has ensured that the necessary protocols or practices as appropriate are in place in respect of the following policies:- SPHE, Supervision, Tours/outings,Code of Behaviour, Anti-Bullying and P.E.
- This policy has been made available to school personnel and is readily available to parents on this site. A copy will be made available to the DES and the Patron if requested.
- This policy will be reviewed by the Board of Management every year.